The iPad Mini is the name we have given a miniature tablet that has yet to come out yet, that Apple will more then likely announce later this month. Below is a list of our predictions and other blogs predictions on what we may see with the new iPad “mini”.
These dates are rumored popularly by popular blogs that have been legit in the past about dates. Again, these are rumored dates!
- Invitations for the event will be sent out October 10th 2012
- Event will take place on the 17th
- The product will be released around the first half of November, just in time for the holidays!
- Right about now we are all pretty much assuming that the tablet will simply be a “nurfted” version on the current iPad. More then likely the iPad Mini will feature an aluminum back like we see on Macs and current iPad models.
- Because the tablet is supposed to be cheaper, we have allot of reason to believe that it will not feature a full retina screen. Don’t get me wrong, it is possible but, I think it’ll feature iPad 2 graphics. I also think that it will be a 4:3 ratio like all the iPads have been so far. Reason being is because if they went 16:9 they probably wouldn’t be able to use the new 16:9 screens they have on the iPhone 5 and iPod Touch 5th generation because that is far more expensive. Making it the size of a previous iPad version will make it easier on developers and allow the tablet to maintain an affordable price point.
- We are expecting it to be 7 to 8 inches. More specifically predicted 7.85 inches.
Speaking of prices
- Rumors are saying that the iPad mini will start at about $250 or at least somewhere between $200 to $300. If Apple wants to be able to compete with the Kindle and Nexus tablets, they better have a decent price.
- More then likely we will see the A5 chip with 512MB of RAM.
- Part leaks have also shown nano sim cards pointing towards possible carrier and WiFi versions.
- Not much is known at this time and it is harder to predict given this would be a 1st gen device.
- More then likely front and back facing cameras.
- No major reliable details at this point. Possible HD camera, possible half ass camera. Who knows.
- The iPhone 5 and iPod Touch 5th gen now have the smaller, faster, stronger lightning port. So, why wouldn’t the iPad Mini have it as well?!
This article will be updated at random when new things are heard. Stay tuned by following me on Twitter and Facebook. Facebook page is specific to my content on the site and channel. My Twitter has my personal tweets plus the site and channel content.